Daring experienced climbers seeking adventure and challenge will find just what they want on Umbwe. A short steep climb traversing all the climate zones – from tropical rainforest to eternal ice – will put your strength and endurance to the test. Like no other route on Kilimanjaro Umbwe gives a sense of achievement to those who reach the summit.
Your first day on the mountain will start from Umbwe Gate and continue with a long trek to the first camp on your way – Umbwe camp. Despite the challenge that Umbwe poses to hikers, the well-thought-out location of camps will contribute to proper acclimatization.
The trek through Umbwe is available only as a 6-day program. Recommended only to experienced hikers in good physical shape.
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kilimanjaro International Airport;
- Transfer to the trailhead – entry gate to Kilimanjaro National Park;
- Pick up at the exit from Kilimanjaro National Park and transfer to the hotel;
- All park fees collected by the Kilimanjaro National Park ( conservation fees, camping fees, crew fees, vehicle fees, rescue fees, and all other fees collected by the Tanzania National Parks Authority).
- One night at 3* hotel before the expedition and one night after; The hotels have everything for your comfortable stay – caring staff, nice rooms, reliable Wi-Fi, restaurant, and swimming pool);
- Tented accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro (modern, comfortable 4-Season tents North Face VE-25 or Kilimanjaro Tents).
All accommodation is on sharing basis (i.e. you will be sharing with your travel companion a twin/double room in the hotel and a tent during the hike. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex adventurer).
- Breakfast in the hotel before and after the hike;
- All meals on the hike. Our Kilimanjaro diet includes energy-rich and highly nutritious meals prepared by our professional high-altitude cooks. A typical diet on Kilimanjaro includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit, and vegetables; vegetarian/gluten-free/halal options are available at no extra cost;
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
Hiking and safety equipment:
- 4-inch (10-cm) thick and comfortable sleeping mats;
- All group equipment (spacious and comfortable dining tent, camping table and chairs, crockery, and cutlery);
- Oxygen cylinders and oximeters;
- GPS-tracking service;
- Complete medical kits.
- Professional guides, licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. All our guides are holders of Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certifications. All our guides have 4+years of successful mountaineering experience;
- Dedicated support crew (assistant guides, camp master, porters, cooks, etc.).