The second most popular option among the climbers is the Machame route, also known as “the Whiskey Route”. This route offers a wide variety of views, landscapes, and experiences. The starting point of the route, Machame Gate, is only a 20-minute drive from Aishi Machame Hotel. Located on the southern slope of Mt Kilimanjaro, Machame Gate will lead you to the top of Kilimanjaro along the exciting footpath which starts at the tropical forest, then runs through all the climate zones, and finishes with the Arctic desert in the summit area.
Camps along the trek are favorably located for a smooth and gradual acclimatization transition process. On the 3rd day, Machame Route converges with Lemosho and Umbwe at Barranco camp.
You can choose between a six or seven-day climb. The latter one is highly preferred for better acclimatization transition.
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kilimanjaro International Airport;
- Transfer to the trailhead – entry gate to Kilimanjaro National Park;
- Pick up at the exit from Kilimanjaro National Park and transfer to the hotel;
- All park fees collected by the Kilimanjaro National Park ( conservation fees, camping fees, crew fees, vehicle fees, rescue fees, and all other fees collected by the Tanzania National Parks Authority).
- One night at 3* hotel before the expedition and one night after; The hotels have everything for your comfortable stay – caring staff, nice rooms, reliable Wi-Fi, restaurant, and swimming pool);
- Tented accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro (modern, comfortable 4-Season tents North Face VE-25 or Kilimanjaro Tents).
All accommodation is on sharing basis (i.e. you will be sharing with your travel companion a twin/double room in the hotel and a tent during the hike. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex adventurer).
- Breakfast in the hotel before and after the hike;
- All meals on the hike. Our Kilimanjaro diet includes energy-rich and highly nutritious meals prepared by our professional high-altitude cooks. A typical diet on Kilimanjaro includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit, and vegetables; vegetarian/gluten-free/halal options are available at no extra cost;
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
Hiking and safety equipment:
- 4-inch (10-cm) thick and comfortable sleeping mats;
- All group equipment (spacious and comfortable dining tent, camping table and chairs, crockery, and cutlery);
- Oxygen cylinders and oximeters;
- GPS-tracking service;
- Complete medical kits.
- Professional guides, licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. All our guides are holders of Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certifications. All our guides have 4+years of successful mountaineering experience;
- Dedicated support crew (assistant guides, camp master, porters, cooks, etc.).